Before you get wild and full up your cart with breastfeeding related items from this list, I want to encourage you to trust your body as well! Good marketing has convinced us to believe that we NEED a lot of items when we truly don’t ;).
Anyways, here is a compiled list of my current breastfeeding favorites. Most of them I have used personally and others have been recommended! Bonus, you can shop almost all of the links through my affiliate links. Happy shopping!
Click the link to shop.
- Hands-Free Nursing Bra | a must have if you want to pump with mobility- calling all working and exclusive pumpers!
- Nursing Tank | personally love a good nursing tank- good for summer and good for the 2-shirt method of feeding
- Breast Milk Storage Bags | an easy must-have, perfect to get and to gift to other nursing mamas. Especially these bags with motivational messages on them
- Haakaa | a manual pump (somewhat). It operates on suction and really great for catching your letdown!
- Nursing Pillow | I personally feel like the My BrestFriend Pillow is better for beginners and newborn babies while the Boppy Pillow is better as a long term pillow. my opinion as a mom, not an ibclc 😉
- Nursing Pads | I’m all about going green and reusing everything so I highly recommend the reusable nursing pads. I know there are times when disposable ones may be needed as well. So I still recommend those as well.
- Quick Clean Wipes | I used these occasionally when pumping at work or doing really quick pumping sessions in random spaces (I did a few of these).
- Milk Savers | great for collecting any leakage!
- Nursing Cover | I’m a supporter of freeing the nipple AND covering up if you want to! If you need a nursing cover, this one is great!
- Hydrogel Pads | so, so, SO good for nipple tenderness
- Breast Pump | there are several different pumps you can choose from. I recommend getting a double electric pump, no matter what!
- Hot and Cold Breast Comfort Pads | great for the engorgement phase for sure. They warm up and they freeze… Bonus: you can keep them in your freezer for other non-breastfeeding related uses! I’d definitely just used them as ice packs for my kids after falling or head bumps, haha!
- Breast Pump Bag | I’m the organized type and I like to have bags for things. A breast pump bag is a must for exclusive pumping or working parents. This post has several options.
- Nipple Cream | Nipple creams are super popular. I used them sparingly but I know that everyone absolutely loved them.