The concept of how to deal with leaking milk isn’t a very complicated one but I figured I’d share some links and tips here on this little blog post! Here are my biggest tips and tricks on dealing with leaking milk! (affiliate links listed below)
1 | When using pads, make sure to remove them frequently! Don’t let the pads sit against your chest for a prolonged period of time as this can put you more as risk for infection or mastitis.
Great pad options include:
- reusable pads, such as the Bamboobies brand or this really cool single breast pad (easier to keep track of) from Davin and Adley.
- disposable pads are also an option! They tend to hold the moisture a little bit better if using for a longer period of time.
2 | You can collect your milk! Some parents will use options such as:
- Milkies milk collectors: can be placed in nursing tank or bra to collect extra leaking milk.
- Haakaa: an option of using a passive manual pump to suction on and collect leaking from opposite side than the feeding side.
3 | Applying pressure when feeling the let down.
- squeezing your arms to hug your chest
- putting direct pressure on your nipples. either pressing down with your fingers or whatever you can!
4 | my personal favorite: let it flow! If you’re leaking, it could be a sign that the milk needs to get out! So either feed, pump, or freely leak it out!
Leave a Reply